GCYM's Visit Marine Corps Recruit
Depot Parris Island, S. C. August 2011
From this day forward I sincerely
promise, I will set an example for all
other youth to follow and I will never do
anything to bring disgrace or dishonor
upon my God, my Country and it’s flag,
my parents, myself or the Young
Marines. These I will honor and
respect in a manner that will reflect
credit upon them and myself.
Young Marines Creed
- Obey my parents and all others in charge of me whether young or old.
- Keep myself neat at all times without other people telling me to.
- Keep myself clean in mind by attending the church of my faith.
- Keep my mind alert to learn in school, at home or at play.
- Remember having self-discipline will enable me to control my body and mind
in case of emergency.
Commitment to the Young Marines Obligation & Creed
Greater Cleveland Young Marines
|Service to others brings resilience to kids, equalizing
what is a challenging and even isolating time of life.
~Steven A. Culbertson